Friday, May 8, 2015

An Internal Dialogue on Time and Miles when Estimating this Overland Trip

How long is the trip to Mormon Lake?

          Not sure exactly, maybe some 4000 miles.

How many days is that?

          Well, @ an ideal average of 300mi/ day, that works out to about 13-14 days.

You are scheduled to volunteer at the event in AZ beginning Thursday, May 14th. The math doesn't quite add up. How’s a timely arrival looking?

Good question. Today (May 6th) is day 6. I’ve covered roughly 1/3 of my estimated mileage in nearly ½ of the estimated time. However, I feel confident that my original estimates were sufficiently generous, and that I can make the balance of miles in the remaining allotment of time. True adventure journeys are driven by feel and intuition and the proper frame of mind; or at least today and this trip are. Ask me again in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment