Thursday, May 7, 2015

XC2015 Days 1-4 (Summary)

Fri., May 1st- Mon., May 4th
738 miles
The difficult part of a trip like this for me is the beginning. The idea of leaving the comfortable routine of home life, with its sense of safety and familiarity, lends a stubborn tarnish to the shiny gem of overland travel. It's a tarnish that requires dedication, saddle time, patience, persistence- and especially distance- to polish.

Every Dog Needs a Home
I've found the mental transition to be eased some if done in steps. In my case, I'm very fortunate to have friends and family dispersed throughout both the east and west coasts (as well as Colorado), and so I took my own advice by including stops to see important and loved, if infrequently visited, family in the greater Baltimore area as well as some new friends on North Topsail Island. With confidence restored, my love tank at full, and a successful morning surf session to boot (thanks to Surf City Surf School's highly accessible 3-step approach), I was able to swing the Red Rocketship north and west towards the brilliantly shiny Blue Ridge Parkway.

Exploiting Knee-high Waves for Fun and Profit

No comments:

Post a Comment